Rational DOORS is a leading requirements management tool that makes it easy to capture, trace, analyze, and manage changes to information. Control of requirements is key to reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and improving the quality of your products.
Using the Rational DOORS family of products, you can optimize requirements communication, collaboration, and verification throughout your organization and across your supply chain.
At the heart of the family is Rational DOORS, an application that runs on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems. With its own built-in database, Rational DOORS provides a rich set of features to help you capture and manage requirements.
Rational DOORS makes it easy for everyone in your organization and beyond to participate in and contribute to the requirements management process:
- Using a web browser, you can access your requirements database through Rational DOORS Web Access (DWA).
- You can manage changes to requirements with either a simple predefined change proposal system or a more thorough, customizable change control workflow through integration to Rational change management solutions.
- With the Requirements Interchange Format (RIF), you can directly involve suppliers and development partners in the development process.
- You can link requirements to design items, test plans, test cases, and other requirements for easy and powerful traceability.
- Business users, marketing, suppliers, systems engineers, and business analysts can collaborate directly through requirements discussions.
- Your testers can link requirements to test cases using the Test Tracking Toolkit for manual test environments.
- You can use the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) specifications for requirements management, change management and quality management, to integrate with systems and software lifecycle tools.
- You can integrate with other tools, including Rational Requirements Composer, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Focal Point, and also many third-party tools, providing a comprehensive traceability solution.